Wednesday 28th March 2018 – Friends House, Euston Road, London
Update on Contemporary Paediatrics and Presentation of Output from SPaeDD-UK Project*
The Smart Paediatric Drug Development (SPaeDD) initiative co-funded by Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency) is a cross company and academic centre initiative to accelerate paediatric formulation development. Established in 2014 and focussed on UK expertise the initiative has been an excellent example of multi-company / academic collaboration. The collaboration has now reached the end of its funding period and this meeting will present the final outputs from the project work streams. Each of these has produced outputs which will no doubt significantly assist the way in which medicines are developed and tested for children.
Dr. Andrew Parker, Head of Project Integration at Juniper Pharma Services, will be presenting on the exploitation of the output from SPaeDD.
Join us at this meeting to learn in detail what the initiative has achieved:
- Current EMA paediatric regulations
- The requirements for paediatric formulations from an industry and hospital practitioner’s perspectives
- How to perform in-vitro taste testing of paediatric medicines
- The use of PK / PD modelling applied to paediatrics
- Novel paediatric formulations
- Ways in which the acceptability of formulations can be tested in paediatrics
- Exploitation of the output from SPaeDD
The one-day dissemination event is hosted by the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences and co-funded by Innovate UK. This meeting will likely be heavily over-subscribed, you are advised to book as soon as possible.
* The following organisations contributed to SPaeDD-UK: Aston University; Astra Zeneca; Bath University; Birmingham University; Bristol Myers Squibb; GSK; Innovate UK; Juniper Pharma Services; Pfizer; UCL School of Pharmacy
For more information please visit www.paediatricscienceuk.com